Saturday, September 27, 2008

i am sorry if you are in class today. 24 and 25 september 2008

when i got off the phone with my parents last night my dad said, ''you know it is okay to just sit?'' I replied with a standard-well duh, ''i know.'' Really, just sit? That was a novel idea. Just sit in bed? On a bench? On the beach? That is what I did. I am currently situated in a little place called Levanto- the Lonely Planet doesn't evem mension it. It is not exactly in the Cinwue Terre. However, it is only a five mintues train ride to the first of the five towns. None the less, it is a beautiful 28 degrees today. I put my feet in the Mediterranean Sea. And today I sat. I stopped at a few markets on the way to the shore. Picked up various viamin rich-gelato free fruits. Then, I sat and watched and waited for the city to arrive. Slowly familes tricked onto the course sand beach. So, I left and found a bench-then back to the beach when my back was in need of more UV warmth. Then back to a bench. I was craving to be semi production since I had spent most of the day spitting grade seeds onto the sand. There are between teo and three seeds in the grades here. So yes, i pulled put my Moleskine and organised the reamainder of my European adventure-I cannot wait to be chilled in the Lapland. As I sat, the grey haired-gold-and-silver teeth man joined me on my bench. He invited me to have a drink later that night. I pulled the ''i can't i am having a drink with my boy friend card.'' He awkwardly sat there-then rode off. You meet interesting people traveling. Last night as the bell struck 11.45 the lights went out. And yes the bell does ring every 15 minutes. It was silent for a few minutes until someone cracked their knukles. Someone else came in with another crack, once the cracking was out someone started snapping, then a clap, pound on the bed board, floor, a shuffle of the sheets. Then. the ultimate, a hand-mouth generated fart. then one which tested ones lung capacitym lasting 20 seconds probably. It wasn't real. I then decalred how happy i was to be rooming with three 12 year old boys. Then the Aussie said, ''wow, we're mature''-he was 24.
English is a great language to speak and understand. Last night prior to the musical body episode...I sat around and shared stories-political statements-reavel tips and what not. Our room made for nine was only occupied by two german guys and the giant farting Aussie. On one of my highlites of the day, my search for a peach. This time of year and in this region fruit is abundant- little fruit stands intermingle with the show store, designer hand bag shop, and the restaurants. Generally, it is not too hard to find a peach. I pocked my head into various stands. But, none of the peches were up to my sunny farms par. As I walked I decided I wanted some bread too. I walked into one shop-spotted a prune or a peach and attempted to uscita. It was too late, the old lasy who shuffled her feet and wore a mustacche was conversing in italian. After many attempts at the question-gesture she discovered i spoke english. She motioned for me to wait as she crossed the street without lifting a foot. 5 whole mintes passed, could have gathered the store and ran. it was the type of place in which they pull and item forward and dust the surface after ever item purchased. It was stocked with toilet paper and water with gas. EVentually she returned with a twin who aalso had many grey hairs growing from above her upper lip. They walked around the store pointing to items which they also knew the enligh translation for: bread, cheese, roll, egg. Others entered the store in the same manner as me. They were imediately asked if they knew both English and Italian. No one did. The lady who could list her feet kept repeating ''don't understand.'' I asked if they spoke french, they counted to 3. Then for the next 15 minutes they dug out dictionaries. It was missing the entire alphabet after C. The word bladder was not going to help me out much. If I actually had a problem. Then, they started combining items. Roll and cheese. I thought I might be cetching on. They were trying to figure out what I wanted. I wanted a peach and bread. They had a prune peach and toilet paper. I didn't want theit pesca. So, I put a small chocolate bar on the counter, handed them ,45£ and walked out the door as they tored to sell me brick-hard-bread. I am not sure how I walked in the door-but, aparentyòy it provoked two old ladies to believe i had a problem. I wanted a cheese sandwhich or something.

Maybe iìll have another musical night. I found a peach and pear and grades. I don't have a boy friend, that was just a cover.
Love,
Claire Riggs

INTERNET IS 4,80£ per hour so i am not proff reading anything. i hope you can understand! Sorry about that.

No comments: