Saturday, October 25, 2008

i built a snow man in 10 second.

In his attempts to be the friendly famous man on the block, Petar suggested we take the train to Bergen. We already had our tickets but, we thanked him for the suggestions none the less. This is the ride everyone talks about, the ride from Oslo to Bergen. The bible even mensions it, Europe on a Shoestring that is... It wasn't a beautiful day. But, that is expected because I am in the country. I hae been told several time that I bring bad weather, a dark rain cloud follows me. That sounds like the title to a really cheesey song. I'll work on that at a later date. But, the ride to Bergen. I sat with my two new bestfriends. It was nice to have some clothed company on the long ride. It had been about a month.

I really cannot tell you about the ride with my own world. I am afraid I am not a writer in that regards...it was ___________ (fill in the blank with the most beautiful word in the world, probably my name). You pass by all sorts of country. You go into long and dark tunnels and when you pop out the environment has changed. We went from ran. To sun. To overcast. To a light dusting of white stuff. To a thicker layer of snow, with some falling. To a thick layer of snow with giant flakes falling. To a massive layer, just kidding. To no snow. To rain. To waterfalls. To Bergen, it was raining there too. That was mainly just the weather. I think my pictures will do the work for the shapes and other coatings of the lands. At one point I jumped off the train, while it was moving. Actually, it was stopped for a few moments- but, I built a snow man. I little man. And I ate some snow, about the same as home or Ohio I would say. It is nice to know the taste of snow is pretty universal, that has been a life long question of mine. What does snow in Norway taste like?

I finally cordinated with my couchsurfing host and we met up by about 7. I actually didn't save anyone money staying with her becaus she lived far away from the city center and had me go to events with her. This is nice, I guess. I saw a pretty bad movie and an interesting concert. The concert was free for her, 13 USD for me! So, I was a little bitter. And my bed, I mean bench. It was fine though. You win some you lose some.

The most calming church in the world. It rained. Saw some blue sky for .21323423 second. Had a Frankfurt-esque breakfast. Hmmm. Family in Stavanger.

Love,
Claire

No comments: