Saturday, October 25, 2008

oh doesn't it feel nice to be soaking wet? du du du dud duuuu

Stavanger, Norway. After my bench, I mean bed...I think anything looks comfortable. But man oh man, this bed I have in this warm house, it has magic dust in it or something. When I sleep, I am in a deep and everlasting sleep, only getting up to post to this blog and eat a few bananas. Again, what can I say. Family is family, and family is wonderful. It is sad having relatives live half the world around, but at the same time they provide you a bed with magic dust in it when you arrive in their neck of the woods.

I am a little tired these days and art museumed out at the moment. I think home is in the frontal lobe. But, still I am content and happy to be here. Oh, but getting here...that was a wild ride. And I am not joking around. I was so happy that I played JV soccer for those two years at St. Mary's. If it weren't for my dedication to the Hail Mary with Allison freshman year, I think I may have died a few days ago. I opted to take the bus to Stavanger over the bus because of a reduction I recived with my Eurail is was slightly less really expensive. But, I got to take a boat for a short portion anyway. I was actually writing in my little moleskine, Alpine Black, when the captain came on an said something in about 45 different languages. I didn't really understand the English translation because he said that one last and I was distracted. All I heard was hold on to your bags. I didn't. Just kept writting away. Then my pens started flying everywhere. Then I started flying everywhere. I had to hold onto my seat with my weak arms, otherwise the floor would have become my spot. I felt like I was on the Titanic minius the romance and giant ice cubes. It was, I don't know. The boat would literaly fall. I would see a wave coming, grab my stomache and chair and clench my eyes and pray and feel the boat fall onto the next wave. Basically, it wasn't the ride I had in mind. I looked around it see if anyone was sick or dead or anything. They were all just sitting there watching movies and reading the morning paper. When the waves would calm down for a few minutes I would crawl around on the floor and retrieve my pens. I actually lost one.

But, I did survive. I was even dry when I got off the boat. But, I a afraid I am wet now. Have have tomorrow and the next day here then I start the journey back to my favorite city on earth, Frankfurt, Germany.

High School Musical 3, saw it! Good and colorful food. Little children who like to tell stories! Picking out the sweater.

Love,
Claire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you didn't lose Burgundy did you? that would be horrible!! even though i did steal him all those times and then lie about it:) haha oh Burgundy