Wednesday, October 01, 2008

sit. write. sit. think. sit. wander.

I have started to notice a pattern. Everywhere I go, people want to kniow who I am, so I tell them. I am Claire....Actually, this is not the case. Rather, everywhere I go I find a place to sit. Usually it is just one spot and I go back there several times. Today my spot was along the Inn River. I sat amd ate lunch and later dinner. Jornal. Threw rocks in the river. A few people passed-walking their dogs. But, for the most part it was just me and the river. In the Cinque Terre I found a spot where I would watch the sun go down. In Siena, it was the Piayya Del Camp. there were lots of people there. In Romw it was Basilica Di Santa Maria Maggiore. In Florence it was under the giant white marble doors of a church I have failed to remember. Or, maybe Francos arms..I don´t know, that one it a toss up. The Duomo was nice too. I cannot say I sat much in France. In Lyon the chruch perched on top of that hill looking over the town was wonderful. Paris, Place de Bitche. Just kidding, we just liked the name-it was a place right across the street from our hostel. On top of the Eiffle Tower was nice. Luxembourg, my animal free bed. Amersterdam, Anne Franks house. Koln, the beautiful ride there on the train along the Rhine River. these places are not always my favotire tourist destination, simply a nice place I like to go and unwind. Some days I´ll sit there for hours. Others, Just 20 minutes or even 10. I generally have a meal there. Twice dumb tourist have taken a picture of an Italian student hard at work in her natural enviornment. That Italian girl would be me. Yesterday I think I was sitting on radio active rocks. As I sat along the Inn a small news crew arrived with a giant camera. I kept turning to investigate. At one point the man they had been fillming for some time was out of the shoot and the camera was pointing right at me. My 125 minutes of Austiran fame-throwing rocks in a river-wow, i must look like sucha loser.
I did´t set an alarm this morning. Instead I woke to a cry of terror. ´´It is raining!!!´´We´ll see where my legs take me today. Perhaps Old Town, I am affraid not the mountains. I was able to escape the smoke yesterday so I feel much better this morning. I just need to down a little more Vitamin C, I think I have a little cold coming oin.

colorful pens. what should I do when I get home? Salzburg tomorrow. Lots of garlic and good peaches.
Love,
Claire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you find peaches that can compare to Sunny Farms? Also remember the peach stand in Bejing?